August 2, 2010
AmEnglish.com® has released Volume Two of Idioms in English
Pleasanton, Ca.AmEnglish.com® has released Volume Two of Idioms in English. This online,
interactive program is part of the English Skills Series from ETS®, maker of the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests.
Idioms in English -Volume Two helps improve listening comprehension, vocabulary, and speech for English-language learners at the intermediate through advanced levels. It covers 100 idioms in 220 interactive lessons with:
- Stories/dialogues using the idioms in context
- Audio featuring four different native speakers
- Definitions, examples, and pronunciation notes for each idiom
- Interactive dictation practices
- (New) A final interactive exam with four different question types
- (New) Flash 'roll over' menus - a program level and a chapter level index
- (New) Listening comprehension section with pictures
- Text translations in Korean, Japanese, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Spanish, and Br. Portuguese
This program is available online:
Click on: Idioms in English
AmEnglish.com® provides products and services to improve communication skills for nonnative speakers of English at the intermediate and advanced levels. Their pronunciation, idioms, and writing programs are currently being used in language labs at schools and universities like Reedley College in California, Laramie County Community College District in Wyoming, and the University of South Carolina. Companies like Microsoft and IBM use these programs to improve productivity in the workplace.