August 20, 2010
Idioms in English for the iPhone®, iPod Touch®, & iPad®
Pleasanton, Ca. - Idioms in English is now available for the iPhone®, iPod Touch®, and the
iPad®. This application is designed for nonnative English speakers at the intermediate level and above. Idioms in English
is designed to improve vocabulary, listening comprehension, and pronunciation in English.
Idioms like "think out of the box" and "make waves" are used frequently in conversations, email, and media in English. When you don't understand the idioms, you can miss the point of a sentence or story. Idioms in English (iPhone app) covers 100 idioms with:
- Stories/dialogues using the idioms in context
- Audio featuring four different native speakers
- Multiple choice quizzes for idiom definitions
- Definitions, examples, and pronunciation practices for each idiom
- Chapter and final review games with instant scoring
- Text translations in Korean, Japanese, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Spanish, and Br. Portuguese
AmEnglish.com® provides products and services to improve communication skills for nonnative speakers of English at the intermediate and advanced levels. Their pronunciation, idioms, and writing programs are currently being used in language labs at schools and universities like Reedley College in California, Laramie County Community College District in Wyoming, and the University of South Carolina. Companies like Microsoft and IBM use these programs to improve productivity in the workplace.